Monday, September 28, 2009

Artist: Various Digital Painters


I started looking around the web for an artist to do this post on, and ended up getting lost browsing various digital landscape paintings on DeviantArt. I often find myself browsing this site for hours at a time; the potential for inspiration is endless. There's also something really nice about viewing digital art and photos on a computer screen. These pieces were created on-screen, and the range of colors, whites, and blacks look fantastic portrayed on something that emanates its own light.

That said, I think I've always had my head up in the clouds, and it's stuff like this that my imagination thrives on. The images are just bursting with creativity. Sharp details mixed with rugged style and texture, portraying surreal landscapes. After looking at them it's hard to write as I keep getting lost in the thought of where I can go with my own work. Can I achieve a similar amount of creativity with my photographs and collages? The more I think about it the more I feel like what I want to portray doesn't really exist, therefore cannot be found and photographed. I'd really like to learn more about this process and give it a try; maybe I'll look into it for my next post. It's possible that I could implement digital painting into my collage work, but who knows if this method would fit in with my work this semester. There's so many incredible pieces, these are just a few.




http://nachoyague.deviantart.com/
http://tarrzan.deviantart.com/
http://i-netgrafx.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment