Monday, March 16, 2009

Visiting Artist: Mark Dion



I was a little dissapointed that I didn't get to the lecture in time to get a decent seat even in the hallway, but it was worth it nonetheless. What took away from it was a better understanding of how to form and speak about good conceptual work. His concepts relate to mine to an extent, but are much deeper and more defined. The piece about the silt in venice sounded incredible both in the process and results, and the portrayal of a fallen tree as a work of art is genious and couldn't be more true. His work ethic is amazing. The time management and focus on a detailed and structured process is what made his concepts so defined and complex. Recording my ideas is something I do a little of, but I often dont refer back to them enough or at all, and as for my time management thats a different story entirely (i.e. this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment